Do you have a star in the making at home? While charisma and natural talent help set your child on the right track, there are many things to learn to launch a successful modeling career for your child.
Here are some helpful ways to encourage the rising star at home
PRACTICE WITH YOUR CHILD
To start, now is the time to work on distinguishing skills that stand out to casting directors and agencies. For one thing, there are things you can start doing with your child at home to help them prepare for the industry with a solid foundation.
- First, work with your child on listening well and learning how to take direction. In the modeling world, children not only take direction from parents but also other crew members on set. Additionally, there may be multiple people so practicing listening and taking direction will help your child with any distractions.
- Next, role play scenarios to help your child learn how to respond to feedback. After all, agencies enjoy working with models that know how to focus, take direction and keep a positive attitude.
- Lastly, it is helpful to have your child practice getting comfortable with different posing and facial expressions. Ultimately, we recommend having them work with a modeling coach to help them develop these skills for professional sets. Quickly, this helps them grow and learn to adapt to different people so they don’t freeze up on set.
PREPARE THEIR PORTFOLIO
Importantly, all models need a portfolio, including your child. While we offer photo shoots with our team of professionals, you can also find a local photographer to get some great images of your child.
- In the meantime, update your child’s portfolio often to reflect current measurements and look. After all, it is very easy for their look to change after a growth spurt.
- Additionally, you can learn more about how to get the perfect head shot to make sure to always have an updated headshot on file. In summary, a successful portfolio includes commercial and digital photos that have natural, child-like expressions.
Agencies and Clients love to see your child’s personality shine through! So, get some fun, silly photos of them jumping and enjoying themselves to add some charisma to their portfolio.
PURSUE TRAINING TO MANAGE YOUR CHILD
In addition, we recommend that parents enroll in lessons too. While children learn more about modeling, we encourage parents to learn about career management for their child.
- More importantly, parents who understand the industry have the skills to lead their children with confidence and make the right decisions for their careers.
- Additionally, training allows parents to learn more about industry standards and recommendations on managing their child and how to work with modeling agencies to help further their modeling careers.